If you’re buying a new pickup truck this year, you’ve got to check out this list before you make your decision:
The Toyota Tacoma lives up to the legacy of rugged and tough small trucks that have managed to thrive in almost every inhospitable environment on this planet. What makes the Tacoma a good daily driver is its well-mannered chassis and user-friendly interior. But its optional off-road equipment and baked-in ground clearance make it a smart choice for all your adventures.
- Easily understood interior controls
- Top-level V6 that can be paired with a six-speed manual transmission
- Rugged off-pavement capability
- A composite truck bed that has a power outlet and movable tie-down cleats
What gives this truck a smooth ride without compromising on towing capacity or hauling is its coil-spring rear suspension, which is a unique feature in the segment. While the Rebel and Night editions and other such distinctive variations appeal to recreational users, there’s no shortage of capable work-oriented options.
- The cabin is quiet, roomy, and laden with useful tech and storage features
- Range-topping TRX promises exceptional performance and off-road abilities
- Unique suspension delivers unequaled control and ride smoothness
- Great combination of towing power and fuel economy from the available diesel engine
GMC Sierra 2500 HD
The GMC Sierra 2500HD shares mechanicals and dimensions with the Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD. Both these trucks have handy built-in steps for accessing the tall box, roomy interiors, and capable and extra-wide beds.
The Sierra 2500HD uses higher-quality materials for its interiors and offers a few extra standard features. But what truly separates the Sierra 2500HD from its Chevy sibling is the optional MultiPro tailgate feature. It can open and fold into different configurations and can be used as a desk, a helpful tool for hauling or even as a step. This feature is available on all trims.
- Variety of models available, including the off-road focused AT4
- Powerful diesel option
- Immense towing and hauling capabilities
- Great in-cabin tech including impressive new towing cameras and more